As many of you are aware, this morning Governor Tim Walz announced the shutdown of all Minnesota schools for a period of time starting Wednesday (March 18) in an effort to mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 and to prepare for a longer-term statewide closure. This letter will outline how HNOJ is handling this announcement and our plan for the next 3 weeks.
- Monday, March 16 – Tuesday, March 17 – NO SCHOOL, FULL SCHOOL DAY (8:15am – 3pm) STUDENT OVERSIGHT/SUPERVISION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THOSE IN NEED
- Wednesday, March 18 – Wednesday, March 25 – DISTANCE LEARNING, FULL SCHOOL DAY STUDENT OVERSIGHT/PROVISION PROVIDED ONLY FOR HEALTHCARE/EMERGENCY WORKERS
- Thursday, March 26 – Friday, April 3 – NO SCHOOL (SPRING BREAK), BUILDING CLOSED
- Monday, April 6 and beyond – TBD
DETAILS (Please read, with special attention given to the red text):
Monday March 16 – Tuesday, March 17:
- Teachers will be spending time preparing distance learning plans for Wednesday March 18 – Wednesday March 25
- Student Oversight & Supervision:
- Full school day (8:15am – 3pm) student oversight & supervision will be provided only for those in need (free of charge)
- AM & PM SAC will be open as planned
- Only if care is needed (including SAC): At your earliest convenience, but not later than 10pm TODAY (March 15) please notify, the absence email address (email@example.com). There is no need to communicate if your plans are to keep your students at home during these 2 days.
- No busing is being provided
- If your child will be here Monday and/or Tuesday, please pack a cold lunch and a drink; kids can be out of uniform, and we’ll provide snacks
- By the end of day Monday, staff will be sending communication regarding materials needed for the planned lessons
- Until you hear from your students’ teachers, please refrain from emailing them
- Following notice from your students’ teachers, the building will be open (see below) to allow for students to come and pick up books, supplies, etc.
- The building will be open from 8:30 am-4:30 pm both Monday and Tuesday
Wednesday, March 18 – Wednesday, March 25:
- Distance learning will begin Wednesday, March 18 – look for additional details over the next 2 days
- As we have communicated, we will continue to follow the CDC’s recommendations around social distancing, please don’t linger, bring only those needed as we hope to limit people in the building and reduce exposure
- AM & PM SAC will be closed
- So we can staff accordingly, if you are a healthcare or emergency provider, and your children need extended care through March 25, please reach out via the absence email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon on Monday March 16
- We are a community of faith, this is the reality of why we do what we do as a Catholic community. We take care of those around us, we find ways to see Jesus in our neighbors, and we turn to prayer to help guide us in uncertainly.
- If you are hearing needs or creative ways we as a school can help our families and communities, please share those with your students’ teachers; remember to fill the IOCP bags
Thursday, March 26 – Friday, April 3:
- Spring break will continue as planned
April 6 and beyond: TBD
Please reach out with questions.
Martha Laurent, Principal
Holy Name of Jesus School